K-PAX Pro is a micronutrient supplement designed to deliver important nutrients which are known to be involved with cellular (mitochondrial) energy, detoxification, and antioxidant capacity. K-PAX Pro is a modified version of a similar formula which improved CD4-T-Cell counts in patients with immune-deficiency.
Watch this online video for more information about KPax Mineral Supplement.
Product Research Findings:
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) is an amino acid strongly associated with energy production.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine levels are often lower in those with poor immune health such as in the case of chronic fatigue syndrome and AIDS.
- As we age, oxidative damage to mitochondria occurs. Acetyl-LCarnitine increases cellular ATP production, and has been found in combination with lipoic acid to lower oxidative stress in animal studies.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (and Glutathione):
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is the acetylated precursor of both the amino acid L-cysteine and reduced glutathione. NAC is a sulfyhdryl containing compound and stimulates glutathione (GSH) synthesis, enhances glutathione-S-transferase activity, promotes liver detoxification and is a potent antioxidant that scavenges free radicals.
- Supplemental glutathione is not well absorbed in the body and cannot be absorbed by T-cells. NAC has been used/shown to increase glutathione levels in the body, and may also directly improve cellular immunity itself.
- Studies have shown that a reduction in glutathione by 10-40% can inhibit T-cell activation in vitro.
- Lipoic acid is a sulfur containing amino acid and is a coenzyme in the Krebs cycle. Lipoic acid is used as a potent antioxidant, capable of restoring other antioxidants such as ascorbate, tocopherol, Co-Q10and glutathione. It is also able to stimulate Nrf2 production and plays a key role in detoxification.
- Oxidative damage to DNA, RNA, proteins, and mitochondrial membrane lipids contributes to functional decline of mitochondria, cells, tissues, and eventually organs such as the brain. Studies in rats show that a combination of lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine is able to reverse oxidative mitochondrial damage. This combination was able to lower oxidants,
neuron RNA oxidation, and mutagenic aldehydes; and increase rat ambulatory activity and cognition.
- Resveratrol, is a stilbene found in many plants and red wines. It is the most well researched and known stilbene. Studies
show resveratrol has antioxidant, detoxification, anti-inflammatory, immune stimulating and anti-aging benefits.
SGS Broccoli Seed Extract:
- Broccoli seed extract contains a high amount of glucoraphanin, a glucosinolate that is a precursor to a specific isothiocyanate
called sulforaphane. Sulforphane is a potent anti-oxidant used in the body and also has detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, and
- SGS broccoli seed extract contains the highest levels of glucoraphanin of any broccoli product on the market. There is an entire website devoted to the research that has been and continues to be done on broccoli seed extract. The website is: http://www.gluco-rmed.com/
Green Tea (EGCG):
- Green tea is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that has many historical uses for health and well being. Green tea contains natural polyphenols called catechins. Catechins are responsible for the health benefits related to tea consumption.
One specific catechin, known as EGCG, is the most studied catechin in green tea.
- EGCG blocks NFkB, along with other inflammatory mediators including TNF-a, COX-2, IL-8and PGE2. The primary mechanism by which EGCG blocks NFkB is through its ability to suppress the phosphorylation of IkBa and its ability to inhibit IKK (IkBa activator).
- Micronutrients play an important part in immune health. When the immune system is stressed or weak, micronutrients have been shown to be beneficial in recovery times and cell functions, while also reducing the frequency of infection. For further details on each specific micronutrient, please refer to the abstracts.
- 51 critically ill patients were given either 50 mg or 100 mg of vitamin B6 or placebo. Those receiving the vitamin B6 saw increases in T-lymphocyte and T-helper cell numbers and the percentage of T-suppressor cell significantly increased. No significant changes were found in the placebo group.
- Selenium is an important micronutrient for the health of the immune system. Selenium is used is for the functioning of neutrophils,
macrophages, NK cells, T cells and other immune mechanisms.
- Low levels of zinc have been found in those with immunodefiencies. Supplementation with zinc for one to two months has been
able to restore immune responses and decrease infections.
- Vitamin A can act directly through its functions in the metabolism of certain immune cells. Antibody mediated immunity has been found to be impaired with vitamin A deficiency.
- Vitamin C is probably the most well known immune supporting vitamin. It is found in high concentrations in leukocystes and used quickly during an infection. One study found a high dose of vitamin c was able to increase NK activity.
- Vitamin E deficiencies results in free radical induced damage to red blood cells. Vitamin E has been shown to increase the CD4/CD8 ratio and enhance T-cell proliferation in healthy individuals.
- Vitamin D has been found to modulate T-cell responses. In vitro, vitamin D was found to have some effects on lymphocyte function as well.
- Quatrefolic® (folate) is the glucosamine salt of (6S)-5 methyltetrahydrofolate and is structurally analogous to the reduced and active form of folic acid. The glucosamine is not animal derived and therefore does not have a shellfish allergy associated with it.